campaign deal type
price per share
ZAR 1,000 / USD 50*
targeted rate of return
The biggest challenge is the inability of African nations to trade with themselves. Africa has the capacity, natural resources and market to engage in Inter-African trade aggressively.
The major challenges that have been identified that cripple these opportunities are highlighted below:
• Productivity of farmers are quite low;
• Post-harvest losses are very high;
• Lack of secondary processing capacity;
• Access to superior markets are lacking; and
• Inability to meet production and contract volumes.
AgriCorp have successfully developed and implemented an approach based on the following key functions or activities:
• Aggregation and Supply of Agricultural Commodities: To connect commodities to superior markets, they are sourced from small scale farmers and aggregators; then sold to large scale off-takers or buyers.
• Building Processing Capacities: AgriCorp has invested in building small to medium processing operations to add reasonable value to raw materials before export to clients.
• Training: AgriCorp will handle training programs aimed at developing capacity for agricultural production in Zambia. This is done in partnership with various organizations in the agricultural sector.
• Leverage on Technology: The business is leveraging on proprietary technology in bridging the trust deficit in the commodity trading business across the continent. This solution is called Osisi.
Kenneth Obiajulu is a First-Class Graduate of Economics and Business Studies (Marketing Specialization) from Redeemer’s University in Nigeria, Postgraduate Diploma Holder from the Institute of Marketing of Nigeria, an Associate Member of the same Institute and is currently enrolled for his MBA in Agribusiness Management from Rome Business School. With over 13 years of experience, Kenneth has worked on several projects spanning diverse sectors. Kenneth was an Innovation Consultant with the World Bank, where he was responsible for mapping innovations that cut across agricultural productivity, livestock, market information, financial services, etc. Kenneth has also worked and consulted for developmental projects funded by Rockefeller Foundation/Sustainable Food Lab (Food Loss and Waste Project), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation/TechnoServe Inc. (State Partnership for Agriculture), Quantifying African Value Chains (TechnoServe UK), Accenture Nigeria, (Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program), Kenneth has deployed in excess of US$30 million across several projects in agriculture in West and East Africa. He currently serves as the Co-Founder & CEO of Agricorp Holdings Limited (UK) and oversees the African expansion plan.
Mordi completed his B.SC. Business Administration at Redeemer’s University and is currently enrolled for his MBA in Agribusiness Management from Rome Business School. He has worked at Diageo as Procurement Category Manager for Logistics and Warehousing, where he gained invaluable experience being in charge of all purchasing activities across Logistics, Warehousing and Warehousing Operations spend of 55m across the 3 brewery sites and country-wide distribution network. Procurement lead, successfully completing the consolidation of Guinness Nigeria warehouse network. Enhancing storage capacity, aiding increased production output, effective product redistribution and availability. Lead the Successful development and standardization of distribution contract agreements across all business units of Lafarge Africa Plc. Part of an End-to-End Logistics Sourcing Project team that successfully implemented a Logistics Sourcing Strategy that was able to achieve; a 46% Increase in the trucking capacity of Nigerian Breweries, & installed the 1st Control Tower in Heineken Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe, They further drove sustainability through CO2 emission reduction with more efficient trucks + 20% loading capacity Achieved a positive cash flow of 1.8m Euro through market adjusted payment terms and was awarded, by Heineken Global Procurement Community, the best and most successful project in Heineken for Q3 2019. Ogadinma serves as Executive Director for AgriCorp Holdings (UK) and Non-Executive Director for AgriCorp Zambia.